How to Record Calls on Android with Truecaller
Since the release of Android 9, call recording has become more and more difficult on Android due to various API limitations. However, there are many call recording Android apps on the Play Store that use tricky solutions to tap on a conversation. We have curated a list of these apps that support call recording on Android 9 and 10.
Some apps use access permission, while some ask for root permission. But in this guide, you don’t have to go that far, Truecaller has introduced a neat and well-functioning call recording feature that is available for free. So what are we waiting for? Let’s go ahead and learn how to record calls on Android with Truecaller.
You may be interested in: Mobile factory reset software for PC
Call History on Android with Truecaller (2022)
We have included the step-by-step process for recording calls on Android with Truecaller in this guide. We have also given an explanation on whether or not you are allowed to record calls in different countries around the world. Finally, we have shared our personal experience with Truecaller call recording feature on many Android smartphones. You can go to any section of your choice using the table below.
Are you allowed to record calls in your country?
In some countries, there are laws around call recording and monitoring. Depending on where you live, you may have to obtain consent or inform the user before recording the call. In some countries, call recording is not allowed at all.
For example, some states in the US require two-party consent , which means that both the caller and the receiver must be aware that the call is being recorded. In other US states, only one party needs to be aware of the registration.
Read also: How to activate Windows 10 without a key
In India, the Indian Telegraph Act 1885 prohibits any person from eavesdropping on a conversation, with the exception of the central or state government and through a procedure established by law. However, there are many apps that offer call recording support, and recently, Google released the original dialer app in India with call recording feature. However, Google Dialer notifies the user before recording the call, which is a good thing, from a legal point of view.
However, users in India do not like this streaming feature and want the option to record calls without informing the user. And this is where the new Truecaller call recording feature acts as a promising alternative to Google Dialer because it does not tell the user. Having said that, Truecaller puts the onus on the caller for approval. Truecaller states that it will not be liable for any and all liability from the use of this [call recording] feature.
In short, if you want to record calls using Truecaller, you have to inform the user before recording the call. To learn more about the laws regarding call recording in other countries ,
Watch: 4k video quality enhancer for android free download
Set up call recording with Truecaller on your Android phone
1. First, go ahead and update Truecaller to the latest version, and you can download it directly from here: link
2. Next, click on the hamburger menu from the top left corner, and you will find the option “ Call Recordings ” here. Select it and click “Set Up Now”.
3. Next, click on “ Continue ” from the popup and then “Accept” the terms and conditions. You may also get a prompt to set Truecaller as your default dialer app, but you don’t need to do that to use the feature. Call recording works on Truecaller even without changing your dialer.
4. Now, click on Go to Settings on the next prompt and enable “ Use Truecaller Call Recording ” under the Accessibility option. On some devices, it will be under Downloaded Services.
How to record calls with Truecaller on Android
5. Since you have not set Truecaller as your default calling dialer, you need to set Truecaller as your default caller ID and spam app. By doing this, the call recording button will appear in the default dialer app, and you can easily record the call. To do this, open Truecaller -> Hamburger menu -> Settings -> Caller ID. Here, tap on “ Set Truecaller as your caller ID app ” and grant the necessary permissions. And that’s it. I finished.
Have you watched: All Possible Pattern Lock Combinations for Android
Note: On some Android phones, you have to enable “Allow Truecaller to appear at the top” of the caller ID list.
6. Finally, to test the feature, I made a call from my OnePlus 7T running Android 11, and the call recording button appeared on top of the default dialer. I simply clicked on the floating button and this way Truecaller started recording my call easily. I recorded the call audio from both sides, and the sound quality was surprisingly clear. I even made a call in speakerphone mode , and again, I recorded the call without any echo or noise.
You may also be interested in: Enhance video quality online free
How to access Truecaller Call Recordings on Android
7. To access call recordings, open Truecaller -> hamburger menu -> call recordings. Here you will find all the recordings of your calls.
You can even tap on the three-dot menu and share the audio clip with anyone. In case you were wondering, Truecaller does not support audio trimming and similar features. Finally, if you want to access the call recording files directly via the Android file manager app , open the internal storage and go to Music and then TCCallRecordings folder.
How to enable automatic call recording in Truecaller on Android
8. In case you want Truecaller to automatically record all incoming or outgoing calls on Android, open Truecaller and go to hamburger menu -> Call Recordings. Tap on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner and enable the “ Auto Recording” toggle. That’s it.
First Impressions: Call Recording on Truecaller for Android
There are many call recording apps on the Play Store that promise to offer full call recording feature but they rarely work. In my experience, Truecaller’s call recording feature worked well, and I tested it on a range of Android devices. The OnePlus 7T running Android 11 already had native call recording support, but Truecaller’s call recording was good too , and the sound was clear. I also tested the feature on Mi A1 running Android 8, and it worked without any issues.
However, when I tried it on my Redmi Note 9 running Android 10 , it didn’t work. Only one side of the conversation was recorded for some reason, even though the Redmi Note 9 comes with native call recording support. Similarly, call recording using Truecaller did not work on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 running Android 9. In conclusion, the call recording feature is not currently working on all Android devices, so you will have to test the feature and check if it works on your device. Also note that it does not work on WhatsApp calls at all.
Get Truecaller Call Recording on your Android phone
That was all about How to Record Calls on Android with Truecaller. While the feature is quite neat and uses the access permission to tap on the conversation, it doesn’t work on a range of Android devices. Truecaller may need to find other solutions depending on Android versions and skins. Anyway, that’s all of us. Moreover, if you want to record WhatsApp calls on Android and iPhone, you can follow our linked guide. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.