Best Animation Apps for iPhone and iPad
From bringing your photos to life to creating your own masterpiece or creating your own animated video, this list has you covered. These apps range from simple to advanced and are great for users of corresponding skill levels.
If you love creating animations by trade or just for fun, check out our list of best animation apps for iPhone or iPad.
You may be interested in: How to record calls on Android without knowing
The FlipaClip: Cartoon Animation app from Visual Blasters LLC is a new addition to our list of best animation apps because it responds to comments in the Appstore and updates the app frequently, which is something we love to see. The fact that they also have a rating of almost 4.8 stars from 58,000 users is proof of that. The controls are simple and intuitive and the free version provides good samples of the different tools.
- Supports Apple Pencil
- 10 layers, 3 of them are free
- Grid Overlay
- Audio can be added
Animation Desk Classic is an animation app for the iPad that allows you to create hand-drawn animation frames. Easily get started with the first animation on your mobile device. I’m looking for more animation tools. Classic drawing tools: 8 brushes, dye tins, cut, copy and paste tool.
- Accessories: insert shapes, graphic stickers, and motion wallpapers.
- Audio: add recordings, add soundtracks.
- Preview and playback.
- Export and display.
This app, packed with some handy drawing tools and frame management, will help you create some of the best animations you’ve ever made in your life. It is highly rated in many categories and app stores. It is a favorite app among Apple employees and users. Ultra HD quality, retina ready, browse or upload to Cineverse, no limits with frames or animations, import and export many features such as background layers, audio sound management, full screen editing and much more. This app contains almost everything you could want when creating animations.
- Various resolutions available for stunning visuals
- Cinematic integration to browse, upload and share your work
- Sound management, frame management
- Highly configurable layers, it can import layers too
- Full range color palettes, many art tools
- Many features on the menu
You may also be interested in: Recording calls via email
kinetic! It is a fun animation app for kids to use to create 3D cartoon animations. They will be able to see how the characters are brought to life, make their own to show off their creativity, and then share them with friends and family. There are pre-built 3D cartoon characters to teach the basics and kids can make them jump, run, walk and even talk with simple controls. There are easy-to-understand tutorials to help teach the basics of animation, and the app has been tested with plenty of kids and parents so you can be confident that your child will be able to use it with ease, without getting frustrated. Everyplay features allow users to share their animations on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Animate Me review: Become an animator
- Create 3D Animation Animation
- Learn the basics of animation
- Pre-made 3D cartoon characters
- Free with in-app purchases
The Animator’s Survival Kit is an app made for the iPad by world-renowned animator Richard Williams. This is one for everyone, from those who want to learn how to animate to professionals who just want to know how it works. There are more than 100 previously unreleased animated models and animations and new pieces. It also includes the full “Extended Edition” of “The Animator’s Survival Kit”. The Slide to Motion bar allows users to isolate and study a specific course of action. No matter if you are a digital animator or a hand drawn animator, this is a must-have app.
- It takes the bestselling book to a whole new dimension
- Watch and follow Richard Williams’ work like never before
- Over 100 interactive animated examples
- A must have for students and professionals alike
- Animation app for iPad
If you are a fan of sticky shapes, and you like to create your own animation, then this is the app for you. This app is best used on a large screen iPad or iPhone. There are clip-based functions that allow you to color in stick shapes and choose from a variety of shapes. You can create, save and import sticky shapes that you have already created. The interface is clean and easy to use and you can undo or redo up to twenty times. There are many additional features
- Create sticky shapes of different shapes and colors
- Add, edit and import sticky shapes
- Best used on an iPad or a large iPhone screen
- Undo and redo up to 20 times
- Pinch zoom, pan mode, simple interface
Draw ‘n Animate is your ultimate digital book! With this animation app for iPhone, you can simply use your finger to draw and create drawings, then watch them animated – just like a pocket notebook.
- Unlimited graphics
- Export and share animations as GIF files
- Easily scroll through the slides to see your work in progress
- Copy/Paste Slides to Increase Productivity
- Use previous drawings as templates for new drawings
- You can undo mistakes quickly – even after closing the app
Whether you use the Apple Pencil or draw with your finger, FlipPad’s drawing is smooth and natural. It has excellent font quality, and the onion peel feature goes far beyond what you get in other animation apps. In-app upgrade: An in-app upgrade to FlipPad Pro adds Apple Pencil support and gives you Full HD resolution, 16 million colors, custom color palettes, and up to 10 layers and 1,000 frames.
- Quick and easy drawing allows you to add color to your animation.
- Add audio and share your movies.
This app is for humor and entertainment more than serious animation. She takes pictures and makes funny videos out of it. There is even a kids version of this app that will keep the little ones entertained for hours. In fact, this app makes us all feel like big kids. Just choose a photo, add a silly face, choose a voice or quote and create your own video. You can even add your recorded message to the video. It is easy to use, quick to create and share with friends.
- Make funny videos from your photos
- Very simple process to create videos
- Kid version also available
- You can add your own recorded message
- Quickly save or share your videos with others
Did you watch: Mobile factory reset software for PC
This app is for fanatical Instagram users who are looking to stand out from the crowd.
Entertain your existing followers or experience a surge in followers because your animations from this app fascinate them.
Create 15-second videos from your photos or personal videos with stunning animations and powerful effects. The app has several in-app purchases to improve your overall experience. There’s also a bunch of decorative frames, an option to add background music and even watermark your video so no one else can steal it.
- Designed for Instagram users
- Create awesome 15-second videos
- Add cartoons, decorative celebrities, or background music
- Add a watermark to protect your creativity
- Save and share file, in app purchases
We love you so watch: screen burn fixer android
RoughAnimator is a fully featured hand drawn animation app for iPad. This rough animation app was created by an animator for animators. Powerful enough for professionals, simple enough for beginners. Everything you need to create traditional hand-drawn animations frame by frame, anywhere you go!
With this photo animation app, you can:
- Timeline with unlimited layers and easily adjustable exposure length for individual graphics, for pose-to-position or straight-forward animations
- onion peel
- Playback preview
- Rub along the timeline
- Import audio for lip sync
- Import video for rotoscoping animation
- custom brushes
- Supports Apple Pencil, Logitech Crayon, Adonit, Wacom Bluetooth
- Frame rate and resolution control
- Export animation to Quicktime video, GIF, or image sequence